[rabbitmq-discuss] How to close connection and channel when an exception occur

Phil cwstorm at gmail.com
Fri Sep 27 14:31:44 BST 2013

I'm a newbie on RabbitMQ.  I'm writing a java service to consume a message
from the queue.  Everything is working as designed but I cannot seem to
code "channel.close() or conn.close()" in the catch  or finally block.
 Java is complaining about that the "cannot find symbol".

symbol  : variable channel
location: class RouteToMercury.javaServices
channel.close();

Can I close the connection and channel if an exception occur?

Thanks for your responses.