[rabbitmq-discuss] Federation and network split detection

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Fri Sep 20 10:26:36 BST 2013

On 20/09/2013 9:58AM, Antoine Pitrou wrote:
> Apologies if this has been asked already, I can't find anything in the
> archives.
> If I'm federating RabbitMQ exchanges together (in e.g. a reciprocal
> fashion), is there any way to get notified when the federation links go
> up or down?

You can view the current link status via rabbitmqctl or the
rabbitmq_federation_management plugin. See
http://www.rabbitmq.com/federation.html#status

The federation plugin also logs when links go up or down, so you could
check the logs.

You can't currently get a push notification about this though.

It's also worth bearing in mind that federation is designed to deal with
split networks anyway though - messages will just get queued up and be
delivered when the link comes back.

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen