[rabbitmq-discuss] Change flow control params

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Mon Sep 16 17:56:19 BST 2013

On 15/09/13 11:05, Bruce Dou wrote:
> Any one changes -define(DEFAULT_CREDIT, {200, 50}). ?
> It seems the throughput changes when I modify these 2 param.

Does it change for the better or the worse? What change did you make?

When we developed the flow control feature we considered making this
tunable, but there seemed to be a fairly broad plateau for the initial
credit values with broadly similar performance, so we just picked values
in the middle of that range and stuck with it. If you have a scenario
where tuning this value does something useful I'd like to hear about it...

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen
RabbitMQ, Pivotal