[rabbitmq-discuss] regarding HTTP Channel started Time out , closing

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Mon Sep 16 16:51:35 BST 2013

Those are not necessarily errors.

They're logged by the JSON-RPC channel plugin. This plugin emulates
sort-of-AMQP-ish messaging, implemented underneath by HTTP polling.

The timeouts occur when a browser goes away without sending a channel /
connection close. Quite plausible.

> HTTP Channel started, timeout 2000

This means a channel has started with a 2000s timeout.

> HTTP Channel timed out, closing.

This means a timeout occurred.

Cheers, Simon

On 16/09/13 16:40, sagu prf wrote:
> Hello Team ,
>
>               I am getting following errors frequently , could you
> please advise me ?
>
> /var/log/rabbitmq$ tail -10o rabbit at linuxserv1 |grep time
> HTTP Channel timed out, closing.
> HTTP Channel timed out, closing.
> HTTP Channel timed out, closing.
> HTTP Channel started, timeout 2000
> HTTP Channel started, timeout 300
> HTTP Channel started, timeout 900
>
> RabbitMQ version 2.8.7 with Erlang R15B02
>
> Regards
> sagu

Simon MacMullen
RabbitMQ, Pivotal