[rabbitmq-discuss] Intsallation problem

Kevin Monaghan monaghke at hotmail.co.uk
Thu Sep 12 15:19:52 BST 2013

Versions
Erlang R16B01RabbitMQ 3.1.5

I've recently tried to install the above versions of RabbitMQ and Erlang after previously uninstalling an older version. But I can no longer get RabbitMQ to install as a windows service. When I run rabbitmq-service install it says the service is already installed and raises "The Handle is invalid" error. When I call rabbitmq-service start it fails to start the service and raises "The handle is invalid" again. I've also tried running as an application using rabbitmq-server -detached but I get a "Failed to create cookie file". I found the following thread http://lists.rabbitmq.com/pipermail/rabbitmq-discuss/2011-July/014217.html and realised I may have got myself into this mess by not following the correct uninstall procedure but I can't figure out how to sort it out. I've tried all the things mentioned in this thread but still no joy. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks