[rabbitmq-discuss] Strange behaviour of RabbitMQ or client when network problems occurs

Michael Klishin mklishin at gopivotal.com
Thu Sep 12 10:53:10 BST 2013

Haster:

> And in result we get 11 duplicated messages and only to times we were in
> point (2), where
> we couldn't send ack.
> I can't understand where from 9 duplicated messages come?

So, are you getting 11 or 9 redeliveries?

All unacknowledged messages will be requeued when the channel closes.
Looks like your way of creating network interference causes TCP connection
to be closed, which in turn makes RabbitMQ consider all your channels closed.

With prefetch = 20, if 9 messages were acked and then connection terminated,
you will get exactly 11 redeliveries after you reconnect and re-register your consumer(s).

MK