[rabbitmq-discuss] Suddenly dropping all conns?

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Thu Sep 12 10:46:16 BST 2013

On 12/09/13 08:31, ku3ia wrote:
> My tests show that, when using c# client, idle connections are dropped after
> 30 minutes.
>
> Today I started a new connection and channel. Wait near 15 minutes, then I
> had published a message, and later on 30 minutes connection was dropped.
> When I'm using java client connection is idle for example 2 days and don't
> dropped.

Both the Java and .net client default to 600s heartbeat intervals, i.e.
10 minutes. Please confirm that by checking the output of 'rabbitmqctl
list_connections name timeout client_properties'. The timeout value
indicates the negotiated heartbeat interval.

Also, did you run both the c# and java test from the same machine?

Matthias.