[rabbitmq-discuss] rabbitmqctl doesn't see the cluster?

Cordell, Ron Ron.Cordell at RelayHealth.com
Thu Sep 12 01:22:38 BST 2013

Nevermind – I should've searched for the log error.

The Erlang cookie file in my local user dir doesn't match – I'll correct that.

Apologies for the noise.

Ron

From: <Cordell>, Ronald Cordell <Ron.Cordell at RelayHealth.com<mailto:Ron.Cordell at RelayHealth.com>>
Date: Wednesday, September 11, 2013 5:18 PM
To: Discussions RabbitMQ <rabbitmq-discuss at lists.rabbitmq.com<mailto:rabbitmq-discuss at lists.rabbitmq.com>>
Subject: [rabbitmq-discuss] rabbitmqctl doesn't see the cluster?

Hello,

I have a 5 node cluster running on Windows Server 2008R2.
Each RabbitMQ node is Rabbit 3.1.5 and Erlang 16B01.

I am able to view the cluster status via the management console web page. However, I am unable to use the rabbitmqctl command to interact with the cluster. It appears to be unaware of the cluster:

E:\RabbitMQ\rabbitmq_server-3.1.5\sbin>rabbitmqctl cluster_status
Cluster status of node rabbit at SJINRMQ01 ...
Error: unable to connect to node rabbit at SJINRMQ01: nodedown

DIAGNOSTICS
===========

nodes in question: [rabbit at SJINRMQ01]

hosts, their running nodes and ports:
- SJINRMQ01: [{rabbit,50053},{rabbitmqctl879846,54351}]

current node details:
- node name: rabbitmqctl879846 at SJINRMQ01
- home dir: C:\Users\rcordell
- cookie hash: EF9tEYwcgt+6eQWnKm4y2A==

E:\RabbitMQ\rabbitmq_server-3.1.5\sbin>

I am running as an Administrator on the local machine, and running the command shell in Administrator mode. I know I must be missing something quite simple but haven't determined what it might be.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Ron