[rabbitmq-discuss] Regarding Rabbitmq server doubt

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Thu Sep 5 10:21:40 BST 2013

On 05/09/2013 7:22AM, Seenivasan Gopalsamy wrote:
>                          I have 3 node rabbitmq cluster and i want to
> replace physical ram on production master node and it's running with TTL
> Q ,Durable Q , non-persistent messages (delivery mode 1) and  persistent
> messages and all are  high wip .

High wip?

> What should i need to take care to avoid loosing messages on this
> scenario , could  you please assist me ?

If you want to not lose non-persistent messages you'll have to keep the
cluster up as you upgrade. Make sure all your queues are mirrored, wait
for them to synchronise (or manually sync if that will take too long),
take the first node down, perform the upgrade, bring it back up and let
it rejoin the cluster, wait for sync again, repeat.

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen
RabbitMQ, Pivotal