[rabbitmq-discuss] amqpcpp | Temp Queue

Alan Antonuk alan.antonuk at gmail.com
Thu Sep 5 07:34:22 BST 2013

Looking at your problem from a high-level: if you have a single message in
a queue, and multiple consumers attached to that queue, that message will
only ever be delivered to one consumer. A possible alternative topology
would be to have each consumer have its own temp queue, then for each temp
queue bind it to the exchange so that the message(s) in question get
delivered to all the necessary queues, the upon successfully consuming the
desired message the consuming entities could delete the queue in question.

I haven't used amqpcpp extensively so I don't know the in's and out's of
that library enough to give you a solid example.  I'd recommend checking
out the examples and starting from there to see if you can do what you need
to do.

-Alan

PS: sending me an off-list email asking me to respond to this message a
minute after you post it to the discussion list will not make me respond
you any faster. Please understand that I have other responsibilities and my
contributions here are done whenever I have a free moment, having to sort
through extra emails wastes my time I'd rather be putting into giving good
answers. (See netiquette rule 4: http://www.albion.com/netiquette/rule4.html
)