[rabbitmq-discuss] Handling RabbitMQ broker failure scenarios

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Mon Sep 2 14:38:44 BST 2013

Hi,

On 02/09/13 14:05, Jain, Punit wrote:

> ·In case of a crash, is service automatically restarted? Or can we
> make the service so?
>
> ·What is the right way to handle crash/failure scenarios?
>
> ·Is a heartbeat monitor or something like that provided by RabbitMQ?

No, the broker does not ship with a heartbeat monitor, but there are
existing AMQP plugins available for monitoring systems. See
http://www.rabbitmq.com/how.html#management

Of course the broker should never crash (assuming no hardware or OS
faults). If your broker crashes so regularly that you need to automate
restarting then please let us know and supply the logfiles.

You should consider the use of high-availability queues if you expect
server or hardware faults, or if you have high availability
requirements: http://www.rabbitmq.com/ha.html

-Emile