[rabbitmq-discuss] rabbitmq-server dies from out of memory

Alvaro Videla videlalvaro at gmail.com
Wed Oct 30 13:07:53 GMT 2013

Hi François,

We recently found a OOM bug related to 32bit Erlang and RabbitMQ, so sorry
if I insist with this, but we want to make sure that you have/not have a
32bit Erlang when running RabbitMQ. What could happen is that the Erlang
that's on the path of the rabbitmq-server script might not be the same as
the Erlang that you start by calling "erl". In my Mac for example I have a
globally installed 64 bit Erlang, but the standalone release comes with a
32bit Erlang.

In any case, could you please start RabbitMQ and then tell us the output of
the following command:

rabbitmqctl eval 'erlang:system_info(system_version).'
Also, on my rabbit log files I get the following lines during rabbit start
up, what's on yours?

=INFO REPORT==== 30-Oct-2013::01:23:36 ===

Memory limit set to 1594MB of 3986MB total.
And finally, could you report rabbit's memory use when it's about to crash?

You could get that info by running rabbitmqctl status, or by checking on
the management plugin interface.

Regards,

Alvaro