[rabbitmq-discuss] [rabbitmq] /var/log/messages flooded with su: (to rabbitmq) root on none

Michael Klishin mklishin at gopivotal.com
Wed Oct 30 08:14:34 GMT 2013

On 30 Oct 2013, at 09:34, Narasappa, Usha <usha.narasappa at emc.com> wrote:

> The following messages still keep flooding the /var/log/messages:
>
> Oct 28 06:31:09 linux su: (to rabbitmq) root on none Oct 28 06:31:24 linux su: (to rabbitmq) root on none Oct 28 06:31:39 linux su: (to rabbitmq) root on none Oct 28 06:31:54 linux su: (to rabbitmq) root on none
>
> Any idea about the reason and how to get rid of these messages?

I believe this is an info message from su. Something calls su to rabbitmq
periodically. Perhaps you have monitoring in place that may be using rabbitmq
init and/or control scripts.

You can disable su logging by setting SYSLOG_SU_ENAB to false in /etc/login.defs.
See man 1 su for more info.

MK

Software Engineer, Pivotal/RabbitMQ