[rabbitmq-discuss] abnormally large memory use in "binaries"

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Tue Oct 29 15:53:08 GMT 2013

Hi Brian,

On 28/10/13 19:32, Brian Hammond wrote:

> Here is the output with the netstat output.

Thanks for this information. Can you confirm whether limiting the
prefetch count to a small number (e.g. 1) helped? I see the prefetch
counts are still 500 or unlimited. This change may impact performance,
as you rightly point out, but it would be extremely useful to confirm
whether it constrains memory use.

I realise that it might be difficult for you to make this change to all
consumers. Let me know if this is too onerous so we can discuss
alternatives.

-Emile