[rabbitmq-discuss] Can't set short node name!\nPlease check your configuration\n

Jason McIntosh mcintoshj at gmail.com
Fri Oct 25 17:14:19 BST 2013

As I recall, Rabbit doesn't support IP Addresses or FQDN's - did that
change with 3.2?  I noticed most of the calls use -sname instead of -name
(e.g. rabbitmqctl is still as of 3.2 using -sname).  I tried at one point
switching stuff over to -name and it had some rather nasty impacts.  I'll
probably pick it up again at some point as we use some fairly long DNS
names for our servers, and we were hoping to cluster them using the fully
qualified names.  Note our servers are on the same network switch, but we
had a policy that they couldn't talk to one other except using FQDNs (long
story).  For our cluster we added the short names to the resolv.conf
lookups, but that wasn't considered ideal.

Jason

On Fri, Oct 25, 2013 at 10:36 AM, Michael Klishin <mklishin at gopivotal.com>wrote:

> On 25 Oct 2013, at 19:18, Saritha N <sarithaneerukonda at india.cogbooks.com>
> wrote:
>
> > 2.wget
> http://www.rabbitmq.com/releases/rabbitmq-server/v3.0.4/rabbitmq-server-generic-unix-3.0.4.tar.gz
> > 3.tar xvfz rabbitmq-server-generic-unix-3.0.4.tar.gz
> > 4.cd rabbitmq_server-3.0.4
> > 5.cd /usr/save/rabbitmq_server-3.0.4
>
> Saritha,
>
> Please switch to RabbitMQ 3.2.0.