[rabbitmq-discuss] Flow detection in the RabbitMQ Java Client in 3.2.0

Héctor Veiga kecok0 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 24 05:32:52 BST 2013

Hi,

I would like to know if in the released version of RabbitMQ server (3.2.0)
the server provides the the capability to the client to know if it is in
flow control. Based on this post:
http://rabbitmq.1065348.n5.nabble.com/RabbitMQ-Flow-Control-Behavior-Questions-td26539.html it
seems that the server wasn't sending the flag so the FlowListener was not
working at all. Also, there is one new thing called BlockListener at the
connection level. I have been trying to find info about this class but the
link is broken: http://www.rabbitmq.com/connection_blocked.html . Does the
BlockListener provide information about when the producer is getting flow
or blocked? Is it actually working?

Thanks!

Hector.