[rabbitmq-discuss] How to determine bottleneck under high load?

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Thu Oct 24 10:35:33 BST 2013

It's not currently very easy to figure out which parts of your RabbitMQ
server are bottlenecks. This is something we'd like to improve in the
future.

However, I can take a guess. Any single queue process can only use 1 CPU
core to 100%. So I suspect that's what you're seeing, and 30k msg/s
sounds about right for a single queue with small transient messages.

So to go faster you'll need to split the load across queues.

Cheers, Simon

On 24/10/13 07:35, Alexander Scherbakov wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I have server 16Gb RAM, 16 CPU.
> RabbitMQ receive from publisher ~30 000 msg/sec in 1 queue (type direct,
> message size about 150 bytes).
> In resource monitors I see no problem. CPU load is small, memory have no
> problem, network and I/O too.
> Where there may be a bottleneck?
>

> Regards,
> Alexndr.