[rabbitmq-discuss] Queue crash and deletion event

elpatron erez.semaria at gmail.com
Wed Oct 23 19:06:10 BST 2013

Was watching my queues on the console interface yesterday and an unusually
large durable queue of 40k persistent messages seemed to purge itself down
to zero in seconds. Prior to the apparent purge I noted strange rates on the
incoming, deliver / get and ack columns. In some cases the rates were around
negative 200.
I found no mention of this in the logs or the erl_crash.dump.
Has anyone here seen or heard of behavior like this? All my queues,
exchanges and messages are programmatically set to be persistent so I found
it odd.
My theory is that there was a bug in the display (makes sense given the
bugginess of the negative rates) because a queue dropping 40k messages
without a peep seems too weird.
Any thoughts?