[rabbitmq-discuss] Limitations with RabbitMQ Java Client

Michael Klishin mklishin at gopivotal.com
Tue Oct 22 18:38:43 BST 2013

On 22 Oct 2013, at 21:18, Dan Larkin <dan at danlarkin.org> wrote:

> Is this true for all rabbit java client connections?

All connections have an I/O thread. Consumer work pool can take an executor of your choice
but it can't have less than 1 thread.

> What's the logic behind five consumer work pool threads?

This is the default thread pool size. Consumer work pools are primarily used to dispatch deliveries.

> Does the number of open channels on a connection influence it? Is there an optimal channel to connection ratio?

No. You can provide an (optional) executor to ConnectionFactory#newConnection to use a different
# of threads.

I don't think there is optional ration, you should start with using more channels and add more connections
if you have real reasons to do so (e.g. to separate publishers that may be blocked from consumers).

MK