[rabbitmq-discuss] Error in start_app through rabbitmqctl..

k.madnani84 k.madnani84 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 14 16:29:32 BST 2013

Hi,

I am trying to do start_app through rabbitmqctl after doing a stop_app on a
node in a cluster but it throws me error:
Error description:
   {could_not_start,rabbit,
       {bad_return,
           {{rabbit,start,[normal,[]]},
            {'EXIT',

{rabbit,failure_during_boot,{badmatch,{error,not_found}}}}}}}

Log files (may contain more information):
   /opt/app/rabbitmq/log/CLUSTER2.log
   /opt/app/rabbitmq/log/CLUSTER2-sasl.log

Error: {rabbit,failure_during_boot,
           {could_not_start,rabbit,
               {bad_return,
                   {{rabbit,start,[normal,[]]},
                    {'EXIT',
                        {rabbit,failure_during_boot,
                            {badmatch,{error,not_found}}}}}}}}

Later i found that if i do a reset and then do start_app it worked.Further
investigating i saw that there was a queue in the node before i was doing
stop_app.Is that the reason why it dint allow me to do start_app and once i
did reset, queue deletes and i could do start_app?