[rabbitmq-discuss] log rabbitmq messages

Michael Klishin mklishin at gopivotal.com
Mon Oct 14 15:14:34 BST 2013

> Myprogram.sh takes 10 minutes to run, and sometimes the client gets the response, sometimes doesn't. I don't understand why sometimes it doesn't get the result.

Try enabling the management plugin to narrow down the issue. Are you connections still alive after 10 minutes?
Are there messages in response queues? And so on.

> Is it correct to return the result of the remote invocation with a simple "return result" in the remote method?

You seem to be using some kind of RPC library. Can you at least say what it is? It's impossible
to answer the above without knowing how the "remote invocation" works.

> Can I log the messages that rabbitmq handle?

You can either run a proxy that ships with the Java client:
http://www.rabbitmq.com/api-guide.html

or turn on event firehose:
http://www.rabbitmq.com/firehose.html

or use Wireshark and co.