[rabbitmq-discuss] Long pauses when closing many channels simultaneously

mrogan martin.rogan.inc at gmail.com
Mon Oct 14 12:06:51 BST 2013

Emile Joubert wrote
> Thanks for the test code. I tried this on the latest version of the
> broker and was not able to reproduce the problem. All closures took less
>  than 500ms. Can you confirm that the problem exists when using a
> nightly build of the broker and the Java client?
>
> -Emile

That's interesting. I really wasn't expecting that! I was using the official
3.1.5 release beforehand. I tried again with last night's 3.1.5.41014 build
of both the broker and Java client. I got the same results:

I installed the 3.1.5.41014 broker locally using the mac-standalone
distribution. I'm running OSX 10.6.8 Snow Leopard with Java 1.6.0_51. With
the previous 3.1.5 tests I ran against a remote cluster over a Gb LAN where
it was hosted on Scientific Linux 6.4 (a RHEL clone). None of this seemed to
affect the results other than the expected extra time for the network hop.

I wonder if you think it's worth me retrying the tests on Windows and/or OSX
Mountain Lion with Java 1.7?

Thanks,

Martin