[rabbitmq-discuss] rabbitmq 3.1.5 cluster auto-configuration not working

Ben Hidalgo ben at revinate.com
Tue Oct 8 17:50:42 BST 2013

I'm having trouble resetting.

One node1, I can stop_app/start_app but reset gives:
Error: {timeout_waiting_for_tables,[rabbit_user,rabbit_user_permission,
                                    rabbit_vhost,rabbit_durable_route,
                                    rabbit_durable_exchange,
                                    rabbit_runtime_parameters,
                                    rabbit_durable_queue]}

On node2, I can stop_app/start_app but reset gives:
Resetting node rabbit at testrabbit02 ...
Error: {no_running_cluster_nodes,"You cannot leave a cluster if no online
nodes are present."}

I eventually started/stopped/reset until it came up with the cluster
correctly formed and cluster_status was successful but...

What is the sequence for cleanly reinitializing Rabbit and Erlang on a two
node cluster?

I'm trying to setup a production config with Chef.  If you've used it, Chef
requires idempotency and strongly prefers file based management.  Could you
recommend any "Rabbit + Chef" tutorials or best practices?  I'm familiar
with the OpsCode cookbook.

Thanks,
Ben