[rabbitmq-discuss] "Dead" beam.smp threads under high load

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Tue Oct 8 13:33:56 BST 2013

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the detailed diagnostics.

On 08/10/13 11:21, Paul Bowsher wrote:

> We currently have 4 nodes in this "stuck" situation on our less-critical
> workloads, so we are able to provide any debugging information required.

Can you supply the output of etop? e.g.
 etop -node rabbit at rabbit-node-name -lines 100 -sort reductions

If you can get the output of "rabbitmqctl report" that will also be useful.

Is there anything noteworthy in the broker or system logfiles?

Can you tell what system calls are being executed by the threads with
high load? e.g. "strace -pid 6017"

> We're running RabbitMQ both 3.1.0 and 3.1.5 on a self-compiled RPM

Were any changes made to the sources?

-Emile