[rabbitmq-discuss] Detect already installed version of RabbitMQ and Erlang during setup

Silverby, Patrik patrik.silverby at kollmorgen.com
Tue Oct 8 09:38:05 BST 2013

Hi,

Is there a way that the RabbitMQ and Erlang installation can be detected by an installer to determine if they should be installed or not? I would like to include Erlang and RabbitMQ as prerequisites to my installer. I would like the installation of the prerequisites to be conditional. So far I have found these entries in the registry (running Windows 7 x64):

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Ericsson\Erlang\ErlSrv
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Ericsson\Erlang\ErlSrv\1.1\RabbitMQ
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Ericsson\Erlang\5.9.3.1

Is the presence of these entries reliable to use?

/Patrik Silverby

Please be advised that this email may contain confidential
information.  If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us
by email by replying to the sender and delete this message.  The
sender disclaims that the content of this email constitutes an offer
to enter into, or the acceptance of, any agreement; provided that the
foregoing does not invalidate the binding effect of any digital or
other electronic reproduction of a manual signature that is included
in any attachment.