[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ 3.1.5 - rabbitmq.config and rabbitmq-env.config file locations in Windows?

Michael Klishin michael at rabbitmq.com
Tue Oct 8 07:29:56 BST 2013

On oct 8, 2013, at 10:23 a.m., Rajasekhar P <sekhar434145 at gmail.com> wrote:

> What is the case if I want to create two nodes in same machine, is that possible? If yes, how to create multiple nodes in single machine?

You need to override env variables (e.g. node name) per server start:
http://www.rabbitmq.com/clustering.html#single-machine

On Windows it's a bit tricky, you may need to do something like

cmd.exe /c "set RABBITMQ_NODE=rabbit1 && [run rabbitmq]"

As long as different cluster nodes have different names and use different ports (note
that this includes plugins such as Management UI), you can run them on the same
machine just fine.

MK