[rabbitmq-discuss] mirrored queue cluster

Michael Klishin michael at rabbitmq.com
Fri Oct 4 21:13:08 BST 2013

On oct 5, 2013, at 12:07 a.m., "PATAR, SAGAR" <sp345s at att.com> wrote:

> One basic question I have is ..we have lot of topics .... during configuration I noticed that we can select exchange as TOPIC .. does that mean it is a Topic and is eligible for mirroring ... In some of the previous posts you mentioned that exchange is kind of a routing table ..so bit confused with that ..

Topic is an exchange type. Queues can be mirrored, exchanges are *always* mirrored between
all nodes in a cluster.

> We have  multiple clients and will be subscribing to a topic ... not sure how we ne to configure so that these topics are mirrored

They should consume from queues that will have messages with specific routing keys
be routed to them.

See http://www.rabbitmq.com/tutorials/amqp-concepts.html if it is still not clear. Message
distribution happens in routing time. Mirroring after messages reach a queue.

MK