[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ log and Mnesia location in Environment variables not reflecting?

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Fri Oct 4 10:29:38 BST 2013

On 04/10/2013 8:05AM, Rajasekhar P wrote:
> I have changed RabbitMQ log and Mnesia location in envrironment
> variables as below
>
> RABBITMQ_LOG_BASE = E:\RabbitMQBase\log
> RABBITMQ_MNESIA_BASE = E:\RabbitMQBase\mnesia
> RABBITMQ_NODENAME = rabbit2
>
> after setting above variables when I start/stop using command prompt it
> is giving below error
>
> /Starting node rabbit2 at xyz.../
> /Error: unable to connect to node rabbit2 at xyz: nodedown/

<snip>

> /hosts, their running nodes and ports:/
> /- prajasekhar: [{rabbit,1299},{rabbitmqctl2605024,1356}]/

<snip>

> Can you please let me know why rabbitmq is not getting started after
> making changes in Environment variables?

Well, you've told RabbitMQ to use the new node name "rabbit2" - and
invocations of rabbitmqctl are trying to use that to talk to the
RabbitMQ server. But it sounds like you haven't restarted the server
(and reinstalled the service if you're running it as a service).

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen
RabbitMQ, Pivotal