[rabbitmq-discuss] Question regarding setting up a shovel within a cluster

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Fri Oct 4 10:25:48 BST 2013

On 03/10/2013 10:40PM, ron.jaeger at thomsonreuters.com wrote:
> It is evident that it can’t access the queue because it was on the other
> cluster member that is  down.

Yes.

> I have considered having the queues be
> transient, but there are additional risks associated with that, such as
> loosing messages during a node failure.  I have also thought about
> mirroring the queues, but additional overhead may be a concern due to
> the high volume of traffic. Any thoughts or suggestions would be
> appreciated.

Well, those are the options you have. Either you care about the messages
in the queue being available at all times, in which case you need
mirroring, or you care about them surviving restarts but not node
failures, in which case you need a durable unmirrored queue, or you
don't care at all, in which case you can use a transient queue.

I'm not sure what other options could exist?

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen
RabbitMQ, Pivotal