[rabbitmq-discuss] question about librabbitmq

Alan Antonuk alan.antonuk at gmail.com
Fri Oct 4 08:41:44 BST 2013

There is a bit of discussion about doing this sort of thing in rabbitmq-c.

See: https://github.com/alanxz/rabbitmq-c/issues/138 for details. At this
point supporting languages other than C/C++ is not a goal, though we don't
do anything to prevent user's from wrapping the library.

A note: encoding/decoding AMQP wireformat isn't that complicated, I'm
skeptical that farming out encoding/decoding to C would improve performance
in a big way over something well-designed in PHP (I could be wrong
though...)

A second note: even without thinking about a public API, there's a bit more
to an AMQP client than just the wireformat, there is the 'state machine' or
grammar of how a connection and channel operates. Not saying a
serializer/deserializer isn't useful, but its not something that is trivial
to turn into a complete client.

-Alan