[rabbitmq-discuss] Hash passwords

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Thu Oct 3 10:23:33 BST 2013

On 03/10/2013 1:36AM, Felipe Gutierrez Cruz wrote:
> We have a client that is asking if they can send a HASH of the password
> through the web console and/or programmatically.
> Is there any way to do that?? I found on the net that only on the REST
> API you can do it?

Yes, you can only do that with the HTTP API. The web UI uses that
underneath, but we don't expose that function through the add-user UI.
You could craft a special configuration for "import configuration" to do
it via the UI.

Not sure what you mean by "programmatically" if not through the HTTP API.

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen
RabbitMQ, Pivotal