[rabbitmq-discuss] AMQP Connections over a Socks Proxy

Khan, Farooq farooq.khan at emc.com
Wed Oct 2 15:05:24 BST 2013

Hi,

I was hoping that by setting the jvm system properties "socksProxyHost" and "socksProxyPort" Spring AMQP ConnectionFactory would go over the proxy however it does not.

I attempted to browser through the code and I reached upto here in the Class: com.rabbitmq.client.ConnectionFactory in AMQP Client Library (I browsed the code via GrepCode)

436    protected FrameHandler createFrameHandler(Address addr)
437        throws IOException {
438
439        String hostName = addr.getHost();
440        int portNumber = portOrDefault(addr.getPort());
441        Socket socket = null;
442        try {
443            socket = factory.createSocket();
444            configureSocket(socket);
445            socket.connect(new InetSocketAddress(hostName, portNumber),
446                    connectionTimeout);
447            return createFrameHandler(socket);
448        } catch (IOException ioe) {
449            quietTrySocketClose(socket);
450            throw ioe;
451        }
452    }

This certainly does not honor the JVM proxy settings. Or am I looking at the wrong place.

My Question: Is there a way to make the amqp connection go over a socks proxy?

Thanks
Farooq