[rabbitmq-discuss] {handshake_timeout,handshake}

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Wed Oct 2 10:13:15 BST 2013

On 01/10/13 16:11, Tia wrote:
> I get the following error in my RabbitMQ:
> =ERROR REPORT==== 1-Oct-2013::15:35:01 ===
> closing AMQP connection <0.27445.0> ([::1]:48042 -> [::1]:5672):
> {handshake_timeout,handshake}
>
> After googling, it seems that I have to recompile RabbitMQ with a higher
> handshake_timeout to avoid this error.

Well, you have to do so if it is really taking so long to do the AMQP
handshake that a timeout occurs. That's really quite rare though (which
is why that timeout is not currently configurable).

More likely is that something is getting in the way of the handshake
completing successfully. Are you seeing this every time you attempt to
connect, or only sometimes?

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen