[rabbitmq-discuss] Performance and load testing of RMQ

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Tue Oct 1 15:36:05 BST 2013

On 01/10/13 15:27, k.madnani84 wrote:
> I was testing this client with 1000 Producers and 1000 consumers each with
> different queue totalling of 1000 queues but my server crashed giving out of
> memory issue.Could RabbitMQ not handle these many numbers?

The server certainly can (and I don't think it crashed). The Java
client, as used by MulticastMain can run into OS limitations.

> Exception in thread "pool-855-thread-3" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: unable
> to create new native thread

The Java client will create one Thread per Connection. So creating lots
of Connections from a single machine can cause you to hit the limit
imposed by many OSes (1024 by default on many Linux distros).

"man ulimit" might help you increase the number of connections you can
make from the Java client. Or use more than one machine.

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen
RabbitMQ, Pivotal