[rabbitmq-discuss] Policy for dead letter exchange routing back to queue

Nicholas Stuart nicholasastuart at gmail.com
Wed Nov 27 15:25:57 GMT 2013

I've successfully set up a dead letter exchange policy where the
dead-letter-exchange is blank, which will return the message to the
original queue. However this only happens if the message was published to
the default exchange, or with a routing key of the queue name.

If I set up a fanout or topic exchange, my message is dropped(rightfully
so). Is there any way, in the RabbitMQ policy, that I can specify a routing
key policy that will always point back to the queue the message was
consumed off of?