[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ second-time message delivery after service restart

Thilo-Alexander Ginkel thilo at ginkel.com
Mon Nov 25 12:09:39 GMT 2013

On Mon, Nov 25, 2013 at 12:49 PM, Michael Klishin <
michael.s.klishin at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2013/11/25 Michael Klishin <michael.s.klishin at gmail.com>
>
>> Does management UI or rabbitmqctl confirm this?
>

> There was a bug (24558) that was fixed right before 2.8.0 that addresses
> something closely
> related to what you're seeing in cases when RabbitMQ was not shut down
> cleanly.
>
> How did you shut down RabbitMQ?

AFAICS the shutdown was clean (i.e., triggered by the rabbitmq init script):

-- 8< --
=INFO REPORT==== 23-Nov-2013::18:27:34 ===
Stopping Rabbit

=INFO REPORT==== 23-Nov-2013::18:27:34 ===
stopped TCP Listener on [::]:5672

=INFO REPORT==== 23-Nov-2013::18:27:38 ===
    application: rabbit
    exited: stopped
    type: permanent

=INFO REPORT==== 23-Nov-2013::18:27:38 ===
    application: mnesia
    exited: stopped
    type: permanent

=INFO REPORT==== 23-Nov-2013::18:27:38 ===
    application: os_mon
    exited: stopped
    type: permanent

=INFO REPORT==== 23-Nov-2013::18:27:38 ===
Halting Erlang VM
-- 8< --

Before that the last regular restart was on May 26th, 2013 and the last
irregular one (probably caused by a STONITH) on May 5th (where I do not see
any shutdown messages in the log prior to the startup messages). I am not
aware of any replay problems during those restarts, though.

Thanks,
Thilo