[rabbitmq-discuss] Queued messages chart History

Henri Fourie henrifourie1 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 21 13:29:27 GMT 2013

Hi

I am running a four node RabbitMQ cluster version 3.1.0-1 on CentOS 6.3.

While monitoring RabbitMQ on the overview tab, looking at the charts, our
queued messages averages out at about 50 on a normal day. In the evenings
when we have more load on our applications, that queues starts to increase,
as we would expect - It will go up to about 150 000 queued messages.

So we have about eleven different queues in this cluster, and if I would
look at the individual queues in the evening on higher load, I can see
which queue it is that is getting bigger, if I select that queue and look
at its graph, I can see how it gets bigger over time.

However if I check out the queues the next morning, there is no more
history of those high queues anymore, the chart just displays normal queued
messages of 50 for the history of "Last Day"

Anyone else experiencing this? I am fairly new to the rabbit world, so
please bare with me.

*Your help is much appreciated.*
*Henri*