[rabbitmq-discuss] Mgmt interface slow with many queues

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Tue Nov 12 17:07:57 GMT 2013

Carl,

On 08/11/13 14:59, carlhoerberg wrote:
> Yes, the queues page takes a very long time to load if you have say 10000
> queues. But what's worse is that even if a user only has the "management"
> role and thus only can see his own queues, the queues-page gets equally slow
> for him as for the one with 10000 queues.

That doesn't sound right, and is not something we have seen in our
testing. In fact I've just tried it - created 10000 queues and then
looked at the queues page as an admin and as a user with the
'management' tag that doesn't have access to the vhost with the queues.
Page load time for the first: 2.4 seconds, for the second: 62 milliseconds.

Matthias.