[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ: Authentication through certificates

Ranganathan Srinivasan ranganathan.s at gmail.com
Tue Nov 12 09:01:07 GMT 2013

Hi,

I have enabled the SASL configuration in rabbitmq.config with auth
mechanism as EXTERNAL and also enabled the plugin
- rabbitmq-auth-mechanism-ssl .

I have the following too in the rabbitmq.config :-

{verify, verify_peer}, {fail_if_no_peer_cert, true}

When I connect a java client, I get the following :-

Exception in thread "main" java.io.IOException: No compatible
authentication mechanism found - server offered [EXTERNAL]
 at com.rabbitmq.client.impl.AMQConnection.start(AMQConnection.java:330)

I use Example2.java form http://www.rabbitmq.com/ssl.html .

Could you give me any pointers on what the problem could be ? I use version
3.1.3.

Regards,
Rang