[rabbitmq-discuss] SASL authentication HTTP (management console / REST API)

Aryan S aryan02130 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 10 15:05:35 GMT 2013

Hi,

I am trying to get the HTTP API (REST calls ) and the management console to
work without prompting for user name and password.

1.) Now first thing I am trying is accessing :-
https://10.31.52.204:15672from my browser ( I have imported the
certificates in the browser.)

I get a prompt to select the certificate and after that it takes me to the
username/password page. Can you help me in understanding what I am missing
? Shouldnt' it authenticate based on the client certificate and take me in
or fail (since I have fail_if_no_peer_cert, true & verify, verify_peer)

2.) Even for the REST API calls , say for example -
https://10.31.52.204:15672/api/users, I still get a prompt for username and
password. How do I prevent this ?

(Basically I am trying the last part in
http://www.rabbitmq.com/mochiweb.html)

The following is my rabbitmq.config file : -

  {rabbit, [
    {heartbeat, 30},
    {auth_mechanisms,     ['EXTERNAL']},
    {ssl_listeners,       [15671]},
    {ssl_cert_login_from, common_name},
    {ssl_options, [{cacertfile,
"/home/test/certificates/cert/testca/cacert.pem"},
                    {certfile,
"/home/test/certificates/cert/server/cert.pem"},
                    {keyfile,
"/home/test/certificates/cert/server/key.pem"},
                    {verify, verify_peer},
                    {fail_if_no_peer_cert, true}]}
           ]
  },
{rabbitmq_management,
  [{listener, [{port, 15672},
               {ssl,  true},
               {ssl_opts, [{cacertfile,
"/home/test/certificates/cert/testca/cacert.pem"},
                           {certfile,
"/home/test/certificates/cert/server/cert.pem"},
                           {keyfile,
 "/home/test/certificates/cert/server/key.pem"},
                           {verify, verify_peer},
                           {fail_if_no_peer_cert, true}]}
              ]}
  ]}