[rabbitmq-discuss] webmachine error

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Fri Nov 8 11:51:01 GMT 2013

On 08/11/2013 11:40AM, Ceri Storey wrote:
> (08/11/13 11:26), Simon MacMullen wrote:
>> If it only goes one way then that's more workable - but you still have
>> the double-percent-encoding thing, which is not very loveable. How do
>> you distinguish "myqueue%80%80" which is the result of a badly-formed
>> name from "myqueue%80%80" which just happens to be called that?
> You'd need to include '%' in the set of things that are escaped, so you
> end up with "myqueue%2580%2580", which looks pretty fugly. But you're
> right that there's a big risk of breaking things unexpectedly. As for
> clients that consume the Management API, I know of Michael Klishin's
> Ruby code and of course the management UI javascript, on top of the
> approach of using using a plain HTTP client with string interpolation to
> construct URLs. Do you know of any others?

You missed rabbitmqadmin :-) EasyNetQ and I think Spring-AMQP both have
support for it too. There are quite a lot of things like nagios plugins.
There are probably a ton of little unpublished bash-and-curl scripts out
there too.

Telling all these people "Oh, hey, we just decided to speak a sui
generis non-standard version of JSON. And URLs." is... not top of my
list of things to do.

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen