[rabbitmq-discuss] Failed to start RabbitMq and crash OS booting (debian)

l_ulrich2002 at yahoo.fr l_ulrich2002 at yahoo.fr
Thu Nov 7 10:23:21 GMT 2013

Hello,

I experienced something weird on my developpement server.
RabbitMQ don't start and block my OS booting process,

I'm using Debian Sqeeze and deb paquet of RabbitMQ server, not Debian
paquet.

I mount /var/log on tmpfs and directory is fresh each time I start my
laptop.
This is the problem, rabbitmq starting script (in
/etc/init.d/rabbitmq-server) assume that dir /var/log/rabbitmq exists but
in my case it doesn't.

I added on top of the srcipt after variable declaration a test if dir
exists and if not I create it.
With this patch, RabbitMQ don't failed anymore.

I guess this test could be added for everyone.

Thanks
Ulrich