[rabbitmq-discuss] Rabbitmq server at 100% CPU after sleep mode

Jan Wedel jan.wedel at googlemail.com
Wed Nov 6 18:53:59 GMT 2013

Hi,

I’m not sure if this has been discussed already or even solved, but here’s the problem:

I’m running rabbit 3.2 built with brew on OSX 10.9.

Everytime I return from sleep mode or hibernate, the beam.smp process is running at 100% CPU. Sometimes it returns back to normal, sometimes I have to kill the process (probably because I’m impatient).

If I try to run rabbitmqctl, also this process hangs:

$ rabbitmqctl report
Reporting server status on {{2013,11,6},{18,26,21}}

Status of node rabbit at localhost ...
^C
BREAK: (a)bort (c)ontinue (p)roc info (i)nfo (l)oaded
       (v)ersion (k)ill (D)b-tables (d)istribution

$ rabbitmqctl status
Status of node rabbit at localhost ...
^C
BREAK: (a)bort (c)ontinue (p)roc info (i)nfo (l)oaded
       (v)ersion (k)ill (D)b-tables (d)istribution

Any ideas how to solve the problem? Can I provide any information? The log files doesn’t have any entries today although the problem just occurred.

Thanks,

Jan