[rabbitmq-discuss] Issue with VMWare vCloud Director notification

Nair, Reshmi Reshmi.Nair at emc.com
Wed Nov 6 10:39:09 GMT 2013

Hi,

I have configured VCD to send AMQP notifications for non-blocking tasks. I have created a new exchange and queue in RabbitMQ. I am not using vCO. Instead my web application picks up the notification from RabbitMQ and performs some action. But I notice couple of issues here:

1. A few messages are not received at the consumer

2. After some time, no message processing happens - not sure whether it is the problem with VCD or RabbitMQ or my program.

Has anyone faced this issue? Is there a solution? I am using RabbitMQ / Java2.3.1 and protocol is AMQP-0-9-1.

All our  servers are running in virtual machines. Would there be any firewall issues or any timeout?

Thanks,

Reshmi