[rabbitmq-discuss] Rabbit Cluster "hangs" on consumer disconnects

Cordell, Ron Ron.Cordell at RelayHealth.com
Mon Nov 4 19:29:17 GMT 2013

>> What happens if you attempt to shut down the service by issuing
>> "rabbitmqctl stop" rather than stopping the Windows service?

Ah, sorry for the confusion.
We don't actually try to stop the RabbitMQ windows service instances - those stay running. We are shutting down the application Windows Service instances that rely on Rabbit, however.

When we see this issue happen, issuing a rabbitmqctl stop_app command does indeed work, and issuing the start_app command brings the node back up in good shape.

>> Also, we fixed several bugs that could cause deadlocks during shutdown
>> in 3.2.0, so it might be worth trying an upgrade.

Thanks, Simon - we'll give it a go and see what happens.

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen
RabbitMQ, Pivotal