[rabbitmq-discuss] C# client connect using SSL

michael.thorsoe at schneider-electric.com michael.thorsoe at schneider-electric.com
Mon Nov 4 14:29:02 GMT 2013

I tried the instruction page you suggested but it's still not clear to me.

I just want to do the SSL connection and trust the server certificate
without having to do any additional certificate installation on the
clients side. Is that possible?

We have the server running SSL and some java clients connecting using SSL
just by setting the  useSslProtocol() in the Java client.

Thereby I can see the server is installed correctly and accepting Java SSL
clients to connect.

On the instruction page it states that:
"In contrast to the Java client, which is happy to use an SSL connection
without verifying the server's certificate, the .NET client by default
requires this verification to succeed. To suppress verification, an
application can set the
System.Net.Security.SslPolicyErrors.RemoteCertificateNotAvailable and
System.Net.Security.SslPolicyErrors.RemoteCertificateChainErrors flags in
SslOption.AcceptablePolicyErrors "

But when I do like this
ConnectionFactory cf = new ConnectionFactory();
cf.Ssl.Enabled = true;
cf.Ssl.AcceptablePolicyErrors =
System.Net.Security.SslPolicyErrors.RemoteCertificateNotAvailable |
System.Net.Security.SslPolicyErrors.RemoteCertificateNameMismatch;

I'm still not able to connect!

Br,
Michael Thorsoe
Br,