[rabbitmq-discuss] previous connection is NOT automatically closed if IP different

L H, Wong lhwong at gmail.com
Mon Nov 4 09:56:19 GMT 2013

I believe the port number shown on rabbitmq console (see below) is the
client port. This shows different IP and port is being used by the new
connection.

Consumers
Channel     Consumer tag     Ack required     Exclusive
210.19.225.88:36920 (1)     amq.ctag-ma8QOXnZ_UAK-
R7wddQGXA     ●     ○
210.19.225.3:60659 (1)     amq.ctag-igoa2WysTs79WAk969UFJg     ●     ○

I manage to reconnect from the same device on a different IP by
disconnecting from a Wifi router and connecting to another Wifi router. I
think this is a very common scenario including switching from 3G network to
Wifi network.

--Nick