[rabbitmq-discuss] Destroying connection after ShutdownSignalException
abid.varshani at gmail.com
Fri Nov 1 08:46:44 GMT 2013
I somehow didn't get the email for that reply.
I will take a look at Lyra.
You mentioned I don't need to release the connection explicitly but It
seems I am losing messages due to server not noticing the connection loss.
This is what I am doing.
1. My android client connects to the server and subscribe to a named queue
2. Other client sends messages on the named queue and android client
receives it while connected.
3. I break the network connectivity for android client which raises a
4. Other client continues to send the messages. I assume server will hold
all these messages and send it to android client whenever the android
client is up again
5. Android client waits for the network to be available and connects to the
6. Android client doesn't receive any of the messages sent while it was not
7. Other client continues to send messages.
8. Android client receives every other message. That gives me a feeling
that RabbitMQ is still assuming the earlier client is still connected and
sending the messages to it.
Hope this will give you more clear idea about the issue I am facing.
Thanks a lot for your help
On Fri, Nov 1, 2013 at 1:41 PM, Michael Klishin <mklishin at gopivotal.com>wrote:
> On 1 Nov 2013, at 09:36, Abid Varshani <abid.varshani at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Can anyone please provide some guidance on this?
> There was a reply:
> Software Engineer, Pivotal/RabbitMQ
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the rabbitmq-discuss