[rabbitmq-discuss] rabbitmq-shovel issues [for hyperthunk]

john.hayden at nokia.com john.hayden at nokia.com
Thu May 30 21:35:57 BST 2013

I have 2 Rabbits running on 2 different ec2 instances in AWS
Rabbit1 has had a Shovel plugin installed in order to send messages to Rabbit2
These Rabbits are being used for a Sensu monitoring network
The Sensu server is in the same region as Rabbit1
When a message is sent by Sensu to Rabbit1 it fansout to all connected queues (maybe the wrong terminology here), including one called us-west-2
The Shovel is supposed to pick up messages from us-west-2 and forward it to Rabbit2
Later on I will add other queues to forward to other Rabbits

As I try this setup, I seem to timeout on a connection and I don't know why.

Here is a gist of what is going on: https://gist.github.com/jhhayden/5679708

Thanks in advance

John Hayden