[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ Federation & SSL

Eric Cozzi n16483 at cray.com
Thu May 30 15:35:11 BST 2013

Matthias,

Thanks. Setting the local-username to a valid username fixed the
problem. But, I'm still confused.

I have RabbitMQ configured to use the auth_mechanism_ssl plugin. So, why
do I have to set the local-username at all? I expected that by setting
the client ssl-keys in the federation URI, federation would pull the
username out of the SSL key and use that to authenticate. This works for
normal clients connecting via SSL. Why doesn't this work for federation
clients?

Eric